Command and Control
The Office of the SMMC is the information releasing authority and the collection point for all SMMCS agenda related products and has staff cognizance over the Principals’ Agenda. Director, Special Projects Directorate (SPD), a division within Director Marine Corps Staff (DMCS), provides SMMCS administrative and logistical support for attendees throughout the week.
Travel orders for Principals in USMC billets will be “Individual Directed” created and funded by the Individual commands. Government quarters and messing are not available. Rental vehicles are authorized.
Information will be collected during the online event registration process and will be provided directly to the hotel on your behalf. This one-stop registration/reservation feature reduces the time and effort normally associated with registering for an event. As such lodging has already been reserved at the Crossroads Inn.
REGISTERING ON-LINE IS THE ONLY MEANS TO REGISTER AND CONFIRM LODGING FOR THIS EVENT. Therefore it is not necessary to call for lodging to make reservations.
Due to the size of the Symposium and the limited number of suites available, lodging assignments will be based on availability.
The Crossroads Inn
3018 Russell Road
Main: (703) 630-4444
Toll Free: (800) 965-9511
- Hotel Check-in: 1500, Wednesday, 16 October.
- Hotel Check-out: 1200, Saturday, 19 October.
- *May vary on individual arrival/departure dates.*
Transportation will be provided for all official functions during SMMCS 2019. Recommend coordinating departure flights on 19 October for all attendees except Force level SgtsMaj who will depart on 22 October upon completion of participation in Cornerstone.
- Government transportation is not authorized from /to commercial airports.
- The nearest commercial Airport is Reagan National Airport (DCA) (approx. 43 mins)
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) (approx. 54 mins)
- The nearest Military Airfield is Andrews Air Force Base (approx. 1h 12 mins)
- 17 Oct - Thursday - Service “C” / Social: Casual
- 18 Oct - Friday - Service “C”
MCEN drops will be available in the Officer Dining Room within TCAQ. All aides and support staff are encouraged to bring their own USMC laptops. Users should have their CAC and know their CAC PIN in order to use OWA. Principal attendees should ensure that their MCEN email accounts are properly set up for Outlook Web Access (OWA).